Pernix Group is interested in hiring a Site Safety and Health Officer (SSHO) who meets the following requirements:
- Must be able to relocate internationally;
- Must be a United States citizen eligible for a security clearance;
- Must be able to pass a background investigation including a credit and criminal check;
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of construction industry safety experience;
- Must possess a safety and health degree; and must have successfully completed the 30 hour OSHA Construction Safety Class;
- The training requirements for the Site Safety and Health Officer (SSHO) must include the successful completion of the course entitled "Construction Safety Hazard Awareness Training for Contractors". This course is periodically offered by FED and renewable every five (5) years from certificate of completion date;
- The Site Safety Health Officer (SSHO) shall meet the following requirements: A minimum of 1 year safety work on similar projects. Basic competencies/awareness training for each of the following major areas: construction safety management; excavation; scaffolding; fall protection; hazardous energy; confined space; health hazard recognition, evaluation and control of chemical, physical and biological agents; personal protective equipment and clothing to include selection, use and maintenance. Refresher training as required;
- Complete at least three project specific safety competency/awareness training per year such as asbestos and lead abatement, rigging, machinery and mechanized equipment training, flag and competent /qualified signal person training;
- Must be able to read and communicate in bilingual (English and Korean);
- Must be certified by the Ministry of Labor Republic of Korea with Construction Safety Engineer License, Class 1 or 2 and meets the above requirement of minimum 1 year safety work;
- Must maintain (periodic refresher) safety competency training in accordance with requirements set forth by EM 385-1-1 01.A.17, applicable government safety requirement specifications, and the Ministry of Labor Republic of Korea Occupational Safety Health Administration (KOSHA), the Construction Temporary Equipment Association of Korea, or similar host nation designated agency.
Pernix Group is a leading construction and power infrastructure company, offering diversified general contracting, design/build and construction management services to private clients and public agencies. We have provided power and construction services since 1995 and have established a strong reputation within our markets by executing complex projects on time and within budget while adhering to strict quality control measures.
We are a growing company offering a challenging and dynamic work environment; our demands are high, as our the benefits, which include: matching 401k, full Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, FSA, two weeks’ vacation, and PTO/Sick time. We also offer career development/opportunity should you desire to progress w/our growing organization.
Salary is commensurate with your experience; please include salary history along with your resume.
EEOC Disclaimer: Pernix Group is an equal opportunity employer in that our policy, in accordance with Federal and State laws, prohibits employment discrimination solely on the basis of a person’s race, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, or disability except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.