Pernix is seeking a Project Controls Engineer (PCE) with at least 5 years of field experience, preferably on U.S. Government projects. This position will be for an international based project (location to be determined). The right candidate will be eligible for an expat salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; basic life and AD&D insurance; short and long term disability insurance; global evac; matching 401k (ROTH available); employee assistance program; as well as optional term life, critical illness, accident, legal, and pet insurance. Expats will also receive a generous base salary and area differential uplift; performance and stay bonuses (if eligible); 310hrs of PTO; monthly meals allowance; housing provided; and an R&R trip allowance every six months.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Responsible for project planning & preparation of baseline schedules, updates and related documents in compliance with the project requirements.
- Works in close cooperation with the Project Executives, Project Managers and Project Teams relative to the planning and monitoring and controlling of the Project progress and reporting activities.
- Prepare periodic progress and status reports and budget updates under directions of his/her supervisor.
- SCHEDULE/TIME MANAGEMENT: Work with the CEM and the project teams to plan the Projects and develop the CPM schedules, budgets and reporting formats. Assist the CEM, the Project Executives and the project teams to monitor and control project progress, develop periodical reports and schedule updates, develop progress payments schedule updates and narrative reports. Analyze progress updates, identify any delays to projects and develop recovery schedules for internal use.
- COST MANAGEMENT: Work with the CEM and the project teams to develop and monitor/update project budgets and cost reports. Monitor the project costs and progress and develop Earned Value Analysis reports. He or she will also be required to assist the CEM and operations teams to perform integration management for project cost and schedule to provide earned value, cash flow, productivity, schedule and resource analysis and leveling.
- CHANGE MANAGEMENT: Technical review of change requests, RFPs and differing conditions leading to changes. Estimate change orders and scope of work changes, interact with the project team and the stakeholders to plan the works, develop the CPM schedule, and the budget for new works, and integrate the same into the project in a professional change management process. Analyze change impacts to projects and develop time impact analysis reports and schedules. Candidate must be aware of change management concepts and integration management processes.
- ENGINEERING FUNCTIONS: The PCE must be able to utilize his/her engineering knowledge and experience to review and process engineering submittals, and RFI’s, track of the progress of the same and coordinate submittal and RFI reviews with the CEM, Client, the Project Executive and any other stake holders as directed by his/her supervisor.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and able to obtain a Secret Clearance; U.S. Citizens with currently carrying secret clearance is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience in Construction/Project Controls. Hands-on field experience is required, and overseas U.S. Government project experience desired.
- P6 experience required
- Must have been a scheduling engineer for at least two previous projects for which the scope of work included new construction and/or existing building renovations with a project value not less than $100mil
- Strong interpersonal, oral, written, communication and presentation skills are required.
- Strong knowledge of major facilities and infrastructure construction projects. Previous experience on US Government DOS-OBO, USACE and/or NAVSEA projects required.