Pernix is looking to hire a General Superintendent. This person will be responsible for overseeing all construction work on a $100mil+ project oversees.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Works closely with Project Manager, Quality Control Manager and the PMO as required, in formulating, discussing and finalizing the overall plan of operations, job layout, job schedule, etc.
- Manages the day-to-day work of crafts and subcontractors in field, delegates work through trade specific superintendents, foreman, and/or subcontractor representatives
- Maintains regular communications with project staff to ensure work complies with drawings, specifications, and schedule
- Reviews plans and specifications of job, job budget and estimate with project manager to ensure that quantities, values, manpower requirements and deliveries of various divisions of job are understood
- Participates in weekly progress meetings with subcontractors
- Assists in preparation of plan at beginning of job, for receiving, storing and handling materials as required
- Assists in resolving construction problems (lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.) as required
- Performs additional assignments per project manager's direction
- Minimum high school diploma/GED and 15 years total construction management experience required.
- Minimum 10 years of supervisory field experience with comparable work
- Have a security clearance or the ability to obtain a clearance (must be a U.S. citizen)
- Knowledge, skill, and experience with U.S. construction methods, techniques, and standards
- Previous experience working with DOS/OBO is a plus
The right candidate will be eligible for an expat salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; basic life and AD&D insurance; short and long term disability insurance; global evac; matching 401k (ROTH available); employee assistance program; as well as optional term life, critical illness, accident, legal, and pet insurance. Expats will also receive a generous base salary and area differential uplift; performance and stay bonuses (if eligible); 310hrs of PTO; monthly meals allowance; housing provided; and an R&R trip allowance every six months.