Pernix Group is interested in hiring a Quality Control Manager with has experience implementing construction quality control programs for U.S. Government projects. This will be an international based assignment (various international locations).
This person will be responsible for overall quality control of the project; including developing and managing a site specific Contractors Quality Control Plan. They will be responsible for ensuring all work is carried out per the project and company policies and procedures, and for ensuring that all operations and work meet the contract requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Observes and monitors construction activities to assure quality and conformance with plans and specifications
- Monitors and documents construction progress on a daily basis
- Understands material testing procedures and witnesses test(s) performed by others
- Manages project documentation
- Prepares and maintains daily checklists and inspection reports
- Able to understand shop drawings
- Ability to understand reports and communicate issues in a timely manner
- Reviews, tracks and summarizes quality control non-conformances and ensures appropriate follow up
- Update Submittal Register
- Ability to review and understand submittals
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and eligible for a security clearance (able to pass a credit and criminal background check). Current clearance is a plus.
- At least 10 years of experience serving as Quality Control Manager on construction projects;
- Prefer at least 5 years of experience as Quality Control Manager on DOS or other Federal Government construction projects overseas.
- Experience must include the completion of a minimum of one project with a minimum contract value of $100M.
- Must have a degree in engineering, a degree in architecture, or a degree in construction management. The degree shall be from a 4-year accredited college/university; Comparable experience will be considered.