Pernix Group is looking to hire a Project Engineer; this position will be an expat role in Lagos, Nigeria.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Preparation of required schedules and related documents in compliance with the Contract provisions, and upon request of the Project Manager.
- Ability to negotiate contracts
- Responsible for Project coordination procedures throughout the construction period of the Contract.
- Work in close cooperation with the Project Manager, Superintendents, Subcontractors, and suppliers relative to the engineering of the Project.
- Work with Project Manager to ensure all minimum project controls and reporting requirements are maintained.
- Support the preparation of periodic progress reports and budget reports.
- Support the preparation of status reports to ensure timely completion of projects within budget.
- Submittals Management – Review and process submittals. Track of the progress of submittals. Coordinate submittal reviews with Client, project management and subcontractors.
- RFI Management – Investigate, research, prepare and understand RFIs. Track progress of RFIs, RFI responses, and impacts to the project
- Write scopes of work
- Ability to understand technical drawings
- Request for Proposal (RFP) Review – Technical review of RFPs. Estimate change orders and scope of work changes.
- Procurement Review – Assist with review, coordination, and planning of Contractor and subcontractor procurement activities, materials needs, materials deliveries to site, and progress tracking.
- Document Control – Coordinate receipt and distribution of project drawings and specifications. Update project controls logs (Submittals, RFIs, Drawings, etc.).
- Schedule Management – Coordinate progress reports to/from home office. Review, prepare, and update Schedule of Values. Review subcontractor progress payment applications. Provide schedule analysis support to Project Manager.
- The right candidate will have working knowledge of construction means and methods, cost and engineering principles.
- Active Clearance is required. Must be a U.S. Citizen and must maintain security clearance (able to pass a credit and criminal background check)
- B.S. in Engineering with a minimum of 5 years experience on comparable design-build projects
- In lieu of a degree, an additional 5 years of experience on design-build OBO projects of similar size ($150 million) and complexity will be acceptable
- Experience with ProLog and/or SAP is a plus
- Working knowledge of P3/P6, understanding of WBS (Work Breakdown Structure) and the ability to develop WBS for assigned projects is a plus
- Experience with ProjNet web service platform is a plus
- International work experience is a plus
- Experience with Department of State Bureau of Overseas Buildings Operations (OBO) is a plus