Pernix Group is looking to hire a Project Engineer; this position will be for an international project in various locations. The right candidate will be eligible for an expat salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; basic life and AD&D insurance; short and long term disability insurance; global evac; matching 401k (ROTH available); employee assistance program; as well as optional term life, critical illness, accident, legal, and pet insurance. Expats will also receive a generous base salary and area differential uplift; performance and stay bonuses (if eligible); 310hrs of PTO; monthly meals allowance; housing provided; and an R&R trip allowance every six months.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Preparation of required schedules and related documents in compliance with the Contract provisions, and upon request of the Project Manager.
- Ability to negotiate contracts
- Responsible for Project coordination procedures throughout the construction period of the Contract.
- Work in close cooperation with the Project Manager, Superintendents, Subcontractors, and suppliers relative to the engineering of the Project.
- Work with Project Manager to ensure all minimum project controls and reporting requirements are maintained.
- Support the preparation of periodic progress reports and budget reports.
- Support the preparation of status reports to ensure timely completion of projects within budget.
- Submittals Management – Review and process submittals. Track of the progress of submittals. Coordinate submittal reviews with Client, project management and subcontractors.
- RFI Management – Investigate, research, prepare and understand RFIs. Track progress of RFIs, RFI responses, and impacts to the project
- Write scopes of work
- Ability to understand technical drawings
- Request for Proposal (RFP) Review – Technical review of RFPs. Estimate change orders and scope of work changes.
- Procurement Review – Assist with review, coordination, and planning of Contractor and subcontractor procurement activities, materials needs, materials deliveries to site, and progress tracking.
- Document Control – Coordinate receipt and distribution of project drawings and specifications. Update project controls logs (Submittals, RFIs, Drawings, etc.).
- Schedule Management – Coordinate progress reports to/from home office. Review, prepare, and update Schedule of Values. Review subcontractor progress payment applications. Provide schedule analysis support to Project Manager.
- The right candidate will have working knowledge of construction means and methods, cost and engineering principles.
- Active Clearance is required. Must be a U.S. Citizen and must maintain security clearance (able to pass a credit and criminal background check)
- B.S. in Engineering with a minimum of 5 years experience on comparable design-build projects
- In lieu of a degree, an additional 5 years of experience on design-build OBO projects of similar size ($150 million) and complexity will be acceptable
- Experience with ProLog and/or SAP is a plus
- Working knowledge of P3/P6, understanding of WBS (Work Breakdown Structure) and the ability to develop WBS for assigned projects is a plus
- Experience with ProjNet web service platform is a plus
- International work experience is a plus
- Experience with Department of State Bureau of Overseas Buildings Operations (OBO) is a plus